The week is run by Accredited Practising Dietitians, and supported by the Dietitians Association of Australia. Smart Eating Week falls at an ideal time, with the start of a New Year inspiring many of us to live healthier lives, including through smart eating.
And let’s face it, when it comes to smart eating, there are many ways to achieve this – as everyone is different.
So take the opportunity to connect with your local Accredited Practising Dietitian during Smart Eating Week, and get involved in one of the hundreds of Smart Eating Week initiatives!
What is ‘smart eating’?
Smart eating is a means to good nutrition, a key step towards better health for everyone.
But because we’re all unique, with differing health challenges, goals, and lifestyles (for example), ‘smart eating’ will mean different things to different people, and how we go about achieving it will be different too. That’s where personalised nutrition advice and support from an Accredited Practising Dietitian comes in.
What can I do to be a part of Smart Eating Week?
- Connect with your local Accredited Practising Dietitian. Don’t know where to start? Check out ‘Find an Accredited Practising Dietitian’.
- Get involved in one of the hundreds of Smart Eating Week initiatives being run by Accredited Practising Dietitians across the country. Some Accredited Practising Dietitians will be holding events, so look out for details of these in your local area.
- Be inspired and learn about smart eating by following your local Accredited Practising Dietitians on online, including through social media. And keep up with all the action by following the hashtag #SmartEatingWeek on Twitter and Instagram.
- Spread the word! Tell family, friends and neighbours about the week, and what they can do to participate.
- Check out ‘Smart Eating for You’ for some smart eating inspiration . . . from fast facts and recipes, and details on signing up to the Smart Eating e-newsletter.